A federal government website managed by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, S.W. - Washington, D.C. 20201
Community Action Planning
The Bullying Prevention Training Module Materials are research-based resources that can help you lead bullying prevention efforts in your local communities.
The Training Module presentation will help you create an action plan and plan a community event, using the latest research on bullying.
Presentation with suggested talking points to help create an action plan and plan a community event
Training Module with Speaker Notes (PDF - 1.3 MB)
Printable infographic with the latest research and statistics (PDF - 667 KB)
Spanish Version (PDF - 1.4 MB)
Planning and Implementing a Community-Wide Event
The Community Action Toolkit includes materials to create a community event using the research, ideas and bullying prevention and response strategies that you learned about in the Training Module.
This supplemental guide includes:
- Landscape Assessment – a tool to help you understand the unique challenges in your community and current efforts already underway
- Template Community Event Agenda – a customizable agenda to help you organize a local community event
- Community Engagement Tip Sheet – tips for building a diverse network of supporters who can contribute to bullying prevention and response efforts
- Guide to Mobilizing Communities in Bullying Prevention – a checklist of key stakeholders to engage in bullying prevention and response efforts
- Action Planning Matrix – a tool to help stakeholders understand their roles in community-wide bullying prevention and awareness efforts
- Tips for Working with the Media – a how-to guide for engaging media and gaining visibility for your efforts
- Bullying and Suicide: Cautionary Notes – an overview of bullying and suicide issues
- Funding Ideas for Future Bullying Prevention Efforts – tips on maintaining and pursuing funding for bullying prevention efforts
- StopBullying.gov Resources – a step-by-step guide for finding additional resources on www.StopBullying.gov
- Feedback Forms – tools for assessing the impact of the Training Module Materials and community event
Download this video
(Right Click & Save As)
Misdirections in Bullying Prevention & Response
This six-minute video features Dr. Catherine Bradshaw, a national expert in bullying prevention. She discusses approaches to avoid in bullying prevention and response.
The video can be streamed from the internet at a community-wide event. If the event facility does not have internet access or is unable to project the video for an audience, you can download the video or share a transcript of the Misdirections Video, which is also available in Spanish. Additional information can be found in the complementary Misdirections Tip Sheet, also available in Spanish.
- Complete the online feedback form to help assess the quality and usefulness of the training module materials.